Monday, July 08, 2013

Make Art That Sells- Continued

Its been 5 weeks of incredible inspiration over at Lilla Rogers' Make Art That Sells course. I have so much new and fresh ideas as to where I can take my art to. I can not wait for Part B to start in the Fall.

Here are some pieces that I did from the class. (check out my previous post on this class here.)

Week 3: Children's Books


I also decided to take my snail drawings and make a pattern out of it!
Week 4: Wall Art
This one was quite a challenge, as we had to do a painterly/collage piece of wall art for grown ups (eeek!). As I struggled with this, I was reminded that I loved doing collage back in art school.

Week 5: Gift

The assignment was to design a "hyper lush" zipper pouch. I took everything I learned from this course (including the collage) and incorporated into this piece. I'm super happy with it! I feel like I had a breakthrough and want to do more pieces like this. Eureka!

13 comments:

emily b said...

I love your work! You really have a knack creating character's expressions. Great work, and i can't wait to see more of it in Part B!!

Unknown said...

Lookin good! And it looks like fun!

j. wilson said...

aargh, you mean the book isn't real? I love it! Love all your colors and your illustrations and I am a grown up. the pouch too is fantastic. Sounds like a fun class.

Unknown said...

looks awesome Jannie!! I am so jealous - I wanted to take this course so bad!

Drawtist_P said...

Looking great! This sounds like one of many courses I have to do in the future. It's wonderful to see how much you're learning, and enjoying learning!

Andi Butler said...

Nice Jannie! It will be great to see how you incorporate these experiences into your work going forward!

a : )

Unknown said...

Amazing, Jannie! Never tire of your illustrations! :)

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Love your work Jannie, gorgeous stuff! :)

Gina Perry said...

Your work all along for that class has been so great - but that hyperlush bag really surprised me. So awesome, Jannie. You can do it all, girl. :)

Danielle McDonald said...

You are a super star Jannie! I would buy that zipper pouch in a heart beat! You are a great advert for the course.

tania said...

super inspiring!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

YOU ROCK GIRLY!! I love all of it!

Jo said...

Hi Jannie, Great to hear your experience from the course and to see some of the work produced on it. Looks great. I'm starting next week and thoroughly looking forward to getting stuck in. x x x